Grundfos HS - Horizontal split case pumps
The Grundfos HS-5 Horizontal split case pump is a single stage-stage, non-self-priming, centrifugal volute pump with radial suction and radial discharge port.
These pumps have a horizontal pump shaft with the impeller placed in the middle of the shaft and with self contained combination bearing housing and seal chamber on both sides of the impeller.
Without disturbing the motor or pipe-work, the split case construction enables the pump casing to be dismantled in the horizontal plane along the drive shaft. Removal and dismantling of the internal pump parts, e.g. bearings, wear rings, impeller and shaft seal can then take place.
- Flow rate: 10 to 3600 m3/h, 50 Hz
- Head: 5 to 240 m, 50 Hz
- Motor: 1.5 – 600 kW
- Flow rate: 10 – 4200 m3/h, 60 Hz
- Head: 5 – 230 m, 60 Hz
- Motor: 2.2 – 600 kW
- In line pump
- Double suction
- Low NPSH
- Low axial load on the shaft
- Double volute
- Improved efficiency (Overall higher efficiency)
- Low radial load on the shaft
- Low axial and radial loads extends wear ring, seal and bearing life, minimizes vibration and provides quit operation
- Easy service egg. bearings and shaft seals can be changed whiteout removing the top casing half